Friday, August 8, 2014

Short & Sweet: Kate Spade Live Colorfully Eau de Parfum 'Review'

I have a really awful sense of smell. 90% of perfumes smell like 'perfume' to me. The kind of smell that you know would taste awful if you inhale it with an open mouth. The last 10% elicit a response along the lines of 'is this apple juice? orange juice?' and eventually end up smelling the same when thrown in my perfume sample bag anyway. Grazing on Nordstrom's perfume department is pretty fun though.

I'm too much of the archetypal broke college student to afford anything by Kate Spade (maybe I'll buy a $40 iPhone case one day), but I'm actually considering buying the Nordstrom-exclusive Live Colorfully Eau de Parfum.

Source: http://thechicspy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Kate-Spade-Live-Color-Fully-Perfume.png
Adorable.

First off, look how cute the bottle is. It's colorful (clearly no relation to the name) and it's square. Squares are the most aesthetically pleasing shape. I want it to sit in my mess of a room so my rats can pretend they're looking at it while scoping out where I keep the treats.

And secondly, this perfume smells like pool. It smells like a fucking pool.

No, it doesn't smell like the literal pool water (million dollar idea right there), no chlorine or screaming children, but it smells like a public outdoor pool in the summer. I assume if you're in the upper earning bracket of Americans you have no clue what I'm referring to. But if you've ever grabbed your pool noodle and piled into your mom's minivan, back before you realized growing up sucks, you probably know the nostalgic feeling I'm referring to. This perfume smells how that feels.

Since every post needs pics, here's my siphoned sample.

I'm terrible at picking out base notes and high notes and whatever else they shove in perfumes to make them smell good, but this is like a mixture of some chubby kid getting slathered in sunscreen, a pretty mom sunbathing on a towel wearing something fruity and perfume-y, and the smell pool water evaporating on the concrete. And the sound of crickets and cicadas, if that was extracted into a bottle of smell.

Yeah, that's what this perfume smells like. I'm gonna buy it and bathe in childhood nostalgia.

Kate Spade New York Live Colorfully Eau de Parfum retails for $75 for 1.7oz ($44.11 per ounce), and $95 for 3.4oz ($27.94 per ounce). Clearly the 3.4oz is a better deal, almost twice as cheap as the 1.7oz.

Bonus:

My favorite thing about those tiny perfume samples is the colors.

Look at all those pretty liquid colors. Guess which one Chanel no5 is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...