I use some short tags on my blog for easy (for me) sorting. Here's a short list, lumped into categories ranging from 'obvious' to 'I typed it at 2am'. Note I don't tag things as 'swatches', since all my posts have swatches. That's what everyone wants in a blog.
- Eyeliner/Blush/Nail Polish/etc. -- A post about the aforementioned product.
- Revlon/Maybelline/Sephora/etc. -- Post including info about that brand's product.
- Review -- Basically what every other blog has. A product review.
- Dupes -- Includes some colors I think to be pretty close to the original product.
- Comparison -- Post has some comparison between two semi-similar products or colors.
- Short & Sweet -- A post that's a quick write. Maybe swatches alone or a brief perfume mention.
- List -- Post containing a list of themed products or something similar.
- Extreme Wear -- Product I wore (successfully) for over 12 hours.
- Perma Fave -- Something so great that I'll love it forever.
- Hall of Fame -- If makeup had competitions, this product would be near the top for me.
- Skip It -- A product I didn't like enough to keep, or a product so bad I want you to know.
- Straight to the Trash -- It sucked so bad, I want this product out of my life immediately.
- Your Mileage May Vary -- A product that you may have a highly different experience with than me.
- Kitty -- Post has a picture of a cat. Neat.
- Bun -- The blog's namesake appears in the form of a rabbit in this post.
- Ratty Rats -- Post contains pictures of my cute rodents. Believe me, I'm a rat scientist.
This list will probably change and evolve, but I hope this helped you if you were befuddled.